Preparing Your Curriculum Vitae
1. Make an outline of your accomplishments
2. Look at the categories of information on the CV template. Then select the categories to include in your CV. Hardly anyone’s CV will contain all the categories.
3. Organize the require information, including names and dates. Use chronological arrangement of dates from most recent to the past.
4. Review the information for accuracy and completeness – Saves time in the long run!
5. If necessary, reorganize your categories into the order you prefer to have them on your CV.
6. Select a CV format. Use the template from this document or from Microsoft Word or design your own. No IDEAL format exists.
7. Prepare a draft version of your CV.
8. Review and revise the first draft. Check spelling, grammar; verify dates, etc.
9. Print the revised CV
10. Read it, think about it and revise it again.
11. Get objective feedback. Ask an attending in your chosen specialty and at least one other person to review your CV. Not just for content but also for readability and format. Consider all feedback.
12. Revise your CV again. Check the spelling, grammar etc again.
13. Print your final CV on resume quality paper using a high-quality printer.
Please click below to see few sample Cirriculum Vitae: