usmle usmle Search USMLE WEB Site Contact USMLE WEB USMLE WEB Forum Home USMLE Step 1 USMLE Step 2 CK USMLE Step 2 CS USMLE Step 3 Fellowship

Register    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 

if i get prematc offer and i still have to go for few more

root
Site Admin

posting in usmle forum about General Discussions

PostPosted : Mon Nov 27, 2006    Post subject:

if i get prematc offer and i still have to go for few more

if i get prematc offer and i still have to go for few more interview then what should i do...should i answer them immidiately...

Answer:
Usually you can ask for few days and rethink your strategy. If you like the hospital then there is nothing to think about. If you dont, then you to have see what realistic options you have? If you had told me your scores and the speciality you r seeking, we can look whether you have a good chance of getting into other hospitals.

Also, since you are offered a prematch so early in the game, most likely you are competitive and should get matched via ranking system. Usually pre-match gets loaded up during Oct/Nov for NY hospitals and Jan/Feb interviews in most cases for the rest of the country.

If you may refuse, let the hospital know that you wish to go via ranking. Most likely, NY community hospitals dont rank candidates that rejected their offers. You have to decide!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    usmle forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1