usmle usmle Search USMLE WEB Site Contact USMLE WEB USMLE WEB Forum Home USMLE Step 1 USMLE Step 2 CK USMLE Step 2 CS USMLE Step 3 Fellowship

Register    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 

Does being a 4 year practicionar have a negative effect?

Onyouare

posting in usmle forum about General Discussions

PostPosted : Wed Sep 27, 2006    Post subject:

Does being a 4 year practicionar have a negative effect?

Hello, I'm a newbie on this site and have a question. I'm at the moment in my 5th year of medical education and am thinking of having USMLE exam to have a graduation on internal medicine, however I can't say that I'm a hardworking student and wasted most of my time with social activities during my past years of medical education, so I'm in need of studying some medicine from sources like Kaplan to preapare for USMLE. In my country, we have a about one year governmental service as practitionars and also a military service to be completed and after those we have permission for further medical education like internal medicine clerkship.

This means I shall be able to have USMLE exam passed after about 3 or 4 years of my graduation from my medical faculty. May I be admitted to those programs after passing USMLE as a 4 year old practitionar? Does this have a negative effect on my being admitted by any of the internal medicine clercships of united states of america or britain?

Or is it not important how many years have passed after your graduation?

As a further question, is it true that the universities of britain only admit american students for post USMLE medical assistant or clercship graduation and make it hard for the USMLE successors of other countries to be admitted as an internal medicine assistant? For instance I'm a medical student in Istanbul, turkey.

Thanks for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    usmle forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1