usmle usmle Search USMLE WEB Site Contact USMLE WEB USMLE WEB Forum Home USMLE Step 1 USMLE Step 2 CK USMLE Step 2 CS USMLE Step 3 Fellowship

Register    FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    UsergroupsUsergroups   Log inLog in 

how is UK internal medicine program

root
Site Admin

posting in usmle forum about General Discussions

PostPosted : Wed Sep 20, 2006    Post subject:

The program is a good university program, but if you are an IMG, it is very difficult to get in there because they prefer americans and they say that during their interviews. They set up special dates for americans and separate dates for iMGs and tend to take 2-3 IMGs, only if the couldnt get enough americans to fill their seats.
Onyouare

PostPosted : Thu Sep 28, 2006    Post subject:

Re: how is UK internal medicine program

root wrote:

The program is a good university program, but if you are an IMG, it is very difficult to get in there because they prefer americans and they say that during their interviews. They set up special dates for americans and separate dates for iMGs and tend to take 2-3 IMGs, only if the couldnt get enough americans to fill their seats.

What does IMG mean? Is it a term used for practitionars? After my graduation from my medical faculty do I become an IMG? Does it mean that I have less chance to obtain a place in a residence training program for internal medicine when compared with an american practitioner? Or is the thing you talk about above is completely different?

Thnx for any help.
root
Site Admin

PostPosted : Fri Sep 29, 2006    Post subject:

IMG stands for International Medical Graduate. Any medical graduate (regardless whether he is American citizen) from a foriegn country is regarded as an IMG.
Onyouare

PostPosted : Sat Sep 30, 2006    Post subject:

Is the thing you talk about in the first post in this thread internal medicine residency in britain or something else? Do the brits prefer americans for internal medicine residency instead of IMGs according to your first post?
root
Site Admin

PostPosted : Sat Sep 30, 2006    Post subject:

Onyouare wrote:
Is the thing you talk about in the first post in this thread internal medicine residency in britain or something else? Do the brits prefer americans for internal medicine residency instead of IMGs according to your first post?

Oops, I'm sorry. we got into wrong track.

UK internal medicine => University of United Kingdom (internal medicine), britain

I wrote the reply the one above and not for UK. I am sorry I have no idea about PLAB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    usmle forum -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1