Joined: 12 Feb 2005
posting in usmle forum about Obstetrics & Gynecology
|Posted : Wed Aug 09, 2006 Post subject:
* Chadwick's sign: Bluish discoloration of vagina and cervix
* Goodwell's sign: Softening and cyanosis of the cervix at or after 4 weeks
* Ladin's sign: Softening of the uterus after 6 weeks
* Breast swelling and tenderness
* Development of the linea nigra from umbilicus to pubis
* Palmar erythema
* Nausea and vomiting
* Breast pain
* Quickening - fetal movement
* Common screening tests for fetal abnormalities include MSAFP, the triple screen, and amniocentesis.
* The fetus can be assessed with ultrasound, nonstress test, and oxytocin challenge test.